New Great Things You Must Take Note Of:



1: Jessie Baylin -aside from being breathtakingly beautiful and reminiscent of penny lane from almost famous, she probably has one of thee most seductive and soultry voices since nora jones on day one. however, i prefer ms. baylin. aside from all this, shes extremely down to earth and humble. she signed our posters and gave us a wink and nudge on the shoulder. best friends!
but realtalk ppl, take my word for it. listen to her music, it will put you at ease and make your heart smile. "tennesse gem" "see how i run" "ill cry for the both of us" "contradicting words" "was i on your mind?" ...oh all are wonderful....

2. Alice Smith - gorgeous bluesy vocalist, opened for Citizen cope. And I'd say the perfect mix between Alicia Keys, Joss Stone and John Legend. Download her new album: For Lovers. Dreamers & Me. I like the songs "Gary's Song" "Know that I..." "Love Endeavor"

3. Kings of Leon - lead singer has thee sexiest voice of all time. from me, thats saying a lot. "Sex on Fire" is out of control good.

4. The Secret Life of Bees - incredible book, incredible movie. Did not think they would be able to justify the book so well. I cried five times; tears of joy, sadness and just tears of love for humankind. I want queen latifa and alicia keys in my life after seeing that movie. beautiful beautiful women. oh and dakota fanning is all grown up, and officially an incredible actress. My roomate had the balls to say she may be the next Kate Hudson. I dont know about that, but its sayin something

5. K-OS - the new Outkast-like band, but mmm more fun. Personal opinion.

6. Song called "Pachuca Sunrise" by Minus the Bear - I don't know, but its amazing. "Midnight on a beach in the Meditteranean...i miss you" mmmmmPachuca Sunrise

7. Book called "The Psychology of Time" - Im not done with it (obviously, its me. I pick up thirteen books at the same time). But seriously its great. It provides so much clarity about how to approach all those burning questions about how to make the most of your life. Mmm yes the power of psychology.

8. Minute Maid Pomogranite Juice - literally the perfect juice. my family buys three at the same time. lol dont make fun of me for this one.

9. Taking a shower with just candles for light - just think... spa in a spanish oasis.... haha something along those lines

10. Overheard in New York website - Probably the funniest thing I've ever read. My friend Sarah introduced me to about a dozen new blogs and websites, this one being one of the best. Its really just a posting of the random and awesome conversations between people in New York.

exerpt:
(SpongeBob Turned Out to Be Gayer Than Anyone Suspected)
Older woman #1: Baby and I are watching SpongeBob No Pants tonight! Is that what they're calling it nowadays?
Older woman #2: I believe so!
--23rd & 3rd Ave

11. Urban Dictionary - Okay, Im sure many already know about this. But I just learned, and it has changed my life.

For example:
"boyfriend drop" - Subtly adding the fact that you have a boyfriend into the conversation in order to deter anyone who is potentially interested. The first time this happens is the boyfriend drop. Also can be used in describing this event by the other person who was interested.
or "presponse" -To respond to a question before it is finished, often confusing the asker. lol

I promise, you will have trouble not incorporating some of these words and phrases into your permanent vocabulary.

12. Missed Connections - Its a branch off craigslist, in the personals section....Its a place where people post messages about people they meet in random places (i.e. the grogercy store) in very hopeful optimism that that person will see the post and connect with them. Example: To the girl with the red hoodie and purple hat, you are beautiful. We exchanged glances in the supermarket. I think we should meet up... Lol. talk about ruthless. i love it. go check it out. and who knows maybe theres someone out there that posted something about you.

Kelly  – (November 3, 2008 at 2:10 PM)  

Um I love you and all your randomness and optimism. I can't wait to be back in eugene with you! Love you and keep blogging. :)

Post a Comment